Complaints, comments, suggestions?
We’re here to help

We’re here to help if you are having difficulty in resolving a problem with such telephone company matters as:
  • your telephone bill
  • repair service
  • the telephone directory
  • long distance service
  • installation service
  • public telephone service

How to resolve your problem?

Step 1 - Call our Business Office where a Service representative has a record of your telephone service and is able to assist you. If you are not satisfied after speaking to the Service representative, ask for the Manager responsible for your service to discuss your problem further. Your call can be transferred directly or you can call the Business Office.

Step 2 - If you are still not satisfied after speaking to the Manager, ask for the Regional Manager Customer Services. If you fail to reach an agreement, you may contact the General Manager – Customer Services.

Step 3 - If you are not satisfied after having dealt with the company’s representatives, you can take the matter up with one of the two following organisms:
  • For regulated services:

    Write to the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) at this address:

    c/o Secretary General
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0N2

    You can also take the matter up with the CRTC to the toll free number 1-877-249-2782.

    The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission is an independent agency of the Government of Canada and is responsible for regulating the activities of telecommunications companies.

    The company requests that you send a copy of your letter to NorthernTel L.P., Assistant Director , Regulatory Affairs, 87  Ontario Street West, 5th Floor, Montréal, H1X 1Y8.

  • For non regulated services:

    Take the matter up with the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS)

CCTS is an agency independent of the telecommunication industry, whose mandate is to resolve complaints of individual and small business customers about their telecommunications services. If you have a complaint about your telephone, wireless, Internet service or television service, you must first try to resolve it directly with your service provider. If you have done so and have been unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, CCTS may be able to help you, free of charge.

To learn more about CCTS, you may visit its website at or call toll-free at 1-888-221-1687.
About Us
Environmental Policy
Goods & Services Acquisition Policy
Job Opportunities
Legal, regulatory, security & privacy info
National Do Not Call List
NorthernTel Service Area Map
Procurement Department
Statement of consumer rights
Terms of Service