Learn how to use my calling card
Traveling within Canada or the United States
- Dial 1-800-555-1111.
- Enter your calling card number and your personal identification (PIN) number when prompted.
- Enter the phone number you are calling
- To place a call when overseas, follow instructions provided by the local phone service provider.
- If you are a Bell Mobility customer, we offer many options to stay connected and travel the world with ease.
Report lost or stolen calling card
Call us immediately at the number above to have the card cancelled.
A new calling card can be requested at the same time.
Test my Fibe Home Phone battery
Under normal circumstances, the AC Power light on your Fibe Power Unit will be lit and solid green.
You could also notice:
- AC Power light is off - the commercial power has failed.
- Low Battery light is on - the unit is using battery power.
- If the light is flashing the battery has 10% power left.
- Replace Battery light is on - the battery needs to be replaced. Contact us for assistance.
- Missing Battery light is on - the battery is missing. Contact us for assistance.
Fix issues with noise or static on my line
Cordless phone with low battery
- If the phone has been off the charging base for an extended period of time it may not give a dial tone. Many cordless phone models beep to indicate low battery power.
- If the battery itself has not been replaced for a long time, it may not be charging properly and may need to be replaced.
- If you wish, you can try another phone in the same jack to determine if your cordless phone is working properly.
Unplugged or loose phone cord
Check to make sure your connection into the phone jack secure.
- If the cord has become loose or unplugged by accident, reattach firmly.
- Check your phone for a dial tone.
Checking for a Phone Set or Phone Jack issue
You can, if you wish, try another phone in the same jack to determine where the issue is located. If you determine it is the phone set:
- If your phone is rented from Bell Aliant, you can call 611 to arrange for home delivery of a new telephone set.
If purchased from Bell Aliant, does it still fall under the one year warranty?
- If still under warranty, call 611 to arrange for home delivery of a new set.
- If beyond the one year date of purchase, correspond directly with the manufacturer of the telephone set.
- If your phone was not purchased from Bell Aliant, correspond directly with the manufacturer of your telephone set for repair.
Jack issues and the wiring inside your home
If you determine it is an issue with the phone jack, then the problem may be with the wiring inside your home.
- Bell Aliant is responsible for providing service and dial tone to your Telephone Protector, a small grey or black box located either on the outside of your home or inside your home near your electrical panel. This is considered the demarcation point or virtual demarcation point, beyond which all wiring and equipment in the home is the responsibility of the home owner.
If the problem is with the wiring inside your home or one of your jacks you have the following options:
- Report your trouble and request a repair by calling 1-888-214-7896. Bell Aliant will dispatch a technician to repair your inside wiring. Please be advised that a minimum visit charge for labour and materials apply as Bell Aliant is not responsible for your inside wiring and jacks.
- You can call a qualified electrician, in your Bell Aliant Yellow Pages Directory.
TalkMail is included with your Bell Aliant Home Phone service. It enables you to receive TalkMail messages from others, such as community groups, schools and more.
How to retrieve a TalkMail message:
From your home phone, dial *99. An automated voice prompts you for your password. Enter your seven digit phone number. Follow the prompts to listen to the TalkMail message.
3-Way Calling is available on a pay-per-use basis, for a monthly subscription fee or is included in a bundle.
3-While on a 2-way call:
- Press the Link, Flash, or receiver (hang-up) button to briefly put the person you called on hold . Listen for three short beeps followed by the regular dial tone.
- Dial the phone number of the second person that you wish to join the call. When that person answers, press the Link, Flash, or receiver button again to connect all three parties immediately.
- If the third person does not answer, or if their line is busy, press the Link, Flash, or receiver button once to return to the original 2-way call that is on hold.
- Press the Link, Flash, or receiver button once, to disconnect the third person and go back to the original caller. Press the Link, Flash, or receiver button once again to disconnect from the second person.
Using Call Block lets you protect your privacy by blocking your name and number from displaying on the recipent’s call display and Call Return.
To use Call Block (*67)
- Press *67.
- Enter the phone number you wish to place a call to.
Note: The person you are calling will see "Unknown Number" or "Private Name/Private Number" instead of your name and number. Call Block remains active only for the duration of your call. To have your name and number blocked, you are required to dial *67 before placing each call.
Call Display lets you see who is calling before you answer the phone. When your telephone rings, the name and number of the person calling is displayed.
- If the person calling has an unpublished number or has blocked the display of their name and number, "Private Name" and "Private Number" will appear on your call display screen.
- Calls originating from payphones or multi-party phone lines typically display as "Unknown Number".
Call Forwarding lets you forward your Bell Home phone calls to any number, including your mobile phone or pager.
Call Trace is used to help protect you and your family from troubling or harassing phone calls that you need to report to law enforcement officials.
This service should only be used if you intend to take legal action against the caller.
For quick reference, use the following checklist to trace an incoming phone call. For more guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
What you need to know before you start
- There is a fee for this service.
Follow these easy steps
- Hang up after receiving a troubling or harassing phone call.
- Immediately pick up the receiver.
- Press *57 when you hear the dial tone.
- A recorded voice message will confirm that the call has been traced.
- The traced information is released only to law enforcement officials after they have obtained a warrant to take legal action.
Note: Be sure to note the date and time of the call and contact your local police department if you want to take legal action against the caller.
Call Waiting is an alert in the form of an alert beep that notifies you of an incoming call when you are already on the phone.
For quick reference, use the following checklist to use the Call Waiting feature. For more guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
Call Waiting is available on a subscription basis only.
Follow these easy steps
Using Call Waiting
- Press the Link or Flash button on your phone to answer a waiting call.
Note: If you do not have these buttons, press the switch-hook (the switch that is used to hang up the telephone at the end of the call).
- Briefly press the Link or Flash button again, or switch-hook, to return to the original call.
- To alternate between callers, briefly press the Link or Flash button or switch-hook again.
- To end the first call before answering the second, hang-up. The telephone will then ring with the second call.
Ident-A-Call gives you a second phone number for your existing phone with it's own distinctive ring. It lets you know who the call is for before you answer, giving you the option of only answering calls that are for you.
What you need to know before you start
- Ident-A-Call is available on a subscription basis only.
Follow these easy steps
Ident-A-Call and Call Waiting
- If you subscribe to both Ident-A-Call and Call Waiting, the Call Waiting beep mimics the distinctive ring of Ident-A-Call.
If Ident-A-Call not working
- Remember that Ident-A-Call is not an additional phone line. If your phone line is in use and you do not subscribe to Bell Aliant's Voicemail or Call Waiting, incoming callers will receive a busy signal.
- Some cordless phones do not process the different ring patterns and consequently ring normally for all incoming calls. Check the User Manual for your phone to be sure.
- If you already have a distinctive ring for incoming long distance calls, be careful not to confuse it with Ident-A-Call's distinctive ring. If you do have a distinctive ring for long distance calls, try disabling it by dialing *49.
*69 Last Call Return gives you the telephone number of the last person who called you, whether you answered or not.
- Last Call Return is available on a subscription basis.
- This information applies to Residential and Single Line Business customers. If you are a Business customer who dials 9 to reach an outside line, the following steps may not apply. Contact us for assistance.
- Lift the receiver and press *69. The telephone number of the last call received will be announced and you have the option of returning the call. To return the call press 1.
Canceling a *69 request
- Press *89 to cancel a *69 request already initiated. Charges still apply on canceled Last Call Return requests made in a pay-per-use basis.
If *69 does not work:
- You may have your touch tone phone set to pulse. Your phone must be set to touch tone for Last Call Return to work. Not hearing any beeps when dialing out is a sign that it might be set to pulse. Switching between touch tone and pulse depends on the model of your phone. Check your User Manual to be sure.
- It is not available on all numbers. It may be a non-published number or the caller blocked their number before calling you.
- If you are still experiencing difficulty with Last Call Return, contact us.
- After listening to the message you wish to delete, (you can press 33 to fast forward to end), press 7.
- If you are having issues with deleting messages, ensure that you take the above steps and then disconnect with the "*" [asterisk key], after you delete the message. You will hear a "Good-bye" message to confirm you have successfully disconnected.
- If you still have issues with deleting messages, contact us at 1-866-425-4268.