Allows your callers to leave a message in a Voicemailbox. If your phone is equipped with a Message Waiting Indicator, an indicator light will blink. When you pick up the receiver, an audible signal will let you know that a message is waiting in the Voicemailbox.
With Voicemail, all of your calls will be answered with a personal greeting, even when you are already on the phone or unable to answer. An intermittent dial tone or indicator light will tell you when you have messages.
Your messages are saved so that you can listen to them whenever you like, day or night, from any Touch-tone phone or cell phone.
You can listen to your messages from your home, your office or anywhere else.Voicemail is easy to use thanks to the voice prompts that tell you what to do step by step. Your Voicemail password ensures security and privacy.
To access your voice mailbox:
- Dial *98 (or *99) on your home phone (if you are calling from a different phone number, dial the Voicemail remote access number that was supplied with your subscription. Once you have entered your 10-digit telephone number and your password, follow the voice prompts).
- Follow the Voicemail voice prompts to listen to your messages, save them, or delete them, and to change your greeting and your password.
Refer to the following instructions as necessary:
USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT Voicemail
- Maximum length of the greeting: 30 seconds.
- Unheard messages are saved for: indefinitely.
- Messages are saved for: 10 days.
- Maximum number of messages that can be saved: 150 (including archived messages) each no more than 1 minute long.
- If you have a phone equipped with a display screen, the screen will display "Message waiting" or "Voicemailbox" and the indicator light will blink to let you know that you have messages.
- The distinctive (intermittent) dial tone, indicating that you have a message in your Voicemailbox, will not prevent you from making or receiving calls. Call as you would normally.
- Lost or forgotten password: call NorthernTel Technical Support by dialing 611.
- With Call Waiting, your unanswered calls will automatically be redirected to your Voicemail.
- The number of rings of your Voicemail can be changed by Internet in the “Settings” tab of the Call Feature Manager.
- With Call Forwarding, you can automatically redirect your calls to yourVoicemail when you don't want to be disturbed.
- One of the "Voicemail" features allows you to record a greeting for when the line is busy. This line busy message lets your callers know that you are on the line and that they can leave a message. Note that when the line is busy (receiver off the hook but no conversation, or a call is being dialed),Call Waiting will not be activated and calls will automatically be directed to your Voicemail.
Managing Voicemail by Internet
Refer to Online Help for further explanations.
Certain conditions apply, including a minimum 12-month commitment at time of subscription. Offer valid for residential customers only, where technology permits. The customer must have a Touch-tone phone. Rotary phones are not compatible. An Internet connection is required to access the Call Feature Management website. Display features require a phone equipped with a display window. Certain features are activated and deactivated by phone.