Allows you to have the number of the last incoming call traced if it is a harassing or threatening call.
Feel safer and ensure your peace of mind with Call Trace. This feature can trace the number of the last incoming call if it is a harassing or threatening call.
The number can be recorded and you can, if you wish, call in the police to have steps taken against the caller. Call Trace is admissible as evidence in court.
To activate Call Trace:
- Hang up after receiving a harassing or threatening call.
- Pick up the receiver and wait for a dial tone.
- Dial *57.
- Stay on the line until you hear the following message:
- “The last incoming call has been traced. The procedure for following up on this trace is to contact your service provider.”
- Hang up.
- Call your local police station immediately (NorthernTel will only supply the traced number to the police if the latter requests it.)
USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT CALL TRACE
- Call Trace only works for the last incoming call. If you receive another call or a Call Waiting tone before you activate Call Trace, the last call or the waiting call will be traced rather than the threatening call.
- NorthernTel records the caller’s number and will only release it to the police, if the police so request. You are not informed of the caller’s telephone number.
- You can use Call Trace from any telephone set on your line.
- Call Trace currently only works for local and direct-dialed long distance calls in areas with Call Trace technology. If Call Trace is unable to trace the call, a voice message will let you know..
Certain conditions apply, including a minimum 12-month commitment at time of subscription. Offer valid for residential customers only, where technology permits. The customer must have a Touch-tone phone. Rotary phones are not compatible. An Internet connection is required to access the Call Feature Management website. Display features require a phone equipped with a display window. Certain features are activated and deactivated by phone.